Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ocean Isle Beach beach

We have a guest from NJ staying with us this week so we have been trying to do all sorts of fun things. Yesterday we went to the beach at Ocean Isle Beach. This is the first time we went to this particular beach. At first I was disappointed because we had to pay $5 for parking but it ended up being worth it. (FYI- I normally go to North Myrtle Beach beach and park at one of the many free beach access lots)
We set up our spot which was pretty close to the pier and started to play in the water. We came across a star fish stuck on the beach which we tried to rescue by getting him back in the ocean.


My son named him Pinocchio even though I pushed for Patrick. We also gave a shot at building a sand castle but that did not pan out as I had hoped. We took a walk down the beach to see sand sculptures we were told about. After walking 2 miles down the beach we ran into these guys:







Pretty neat, right?

All and all a very nice family day. The area we set up was not over crowded as some of the other spots were. Only down side...a crab got my big toe on the way to the sand sculptures (OUCH!!) and I have a fairly decent sun burn to take with me as a memory. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment